Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tried and True Tuesday

Thought I would start the week off a little different this week with what may become a ritual. Tried and True Tuesday kind of fell in my lap and on Tuesday's if implemented I will post various  items from beauty products to jewelry you name it, if it pertains to style. Now here's the catch, it will be a high end item and a mid priced to very inexpensive item I will rate the product based on my own personal experience. Got it!
Now, like most ladies I love a good lipstick and lip gloss and was in search of a gloss I could wear as a staple something I could wear everyday or jazz it up for and evening out and in my search for that perfect gloss I came across Chanel's Levres Scintillantes lipgloss in Pagoda it's a beautiful color with brown undertones with an orange tint, it gives a great shine and last ok, but you will have to reapply quite often (at least I did) retails for $27  and for lipgloss it held its own wasn't very heavy and gave a decent shine. So all in all I would give it a 6 on a scale of 1-10. Would buy again to maybe treat my self for maybe hitting a weight loss goal (yeah right) or birthday something along those lines it would be a treat purchase. chanel1
The second item is fr0m Maybelline  and is called Maybelline Lip Polish and my new love is the Baby Mauve (#170) I adore this color it's a very nice mauve with light beige undertones it wears well but is just a tad heavy on the lip, however I was very impressed with the shine and the color which lasted longer than Chanel's. I also gave it bonus points  because my husband commented on it, really great item with a super cool price of $4. 56 I picked it up at a local Wal-Mart. Two great items however the Tried and True winner in my opinion is Maybelline Lip Polish in Baby Mauve , for it's great shine, long lasting wear and incredible price. Try one of their other great shades, it's easy on the wallet and great on the lips don't worry Chanel I'll be back for something, Trust!  Leave me a comment and let me know what  you think, have a item you would like to see posted on Tried and True Tuesday I would love to here from you.
                                                                                              lippolish

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails