Friday, August 6, 2010

Friend Friday: Privacy in the Blogosphere

Privacy 

It's Friday and by now you are familiar with the Friend Friday questions sent out by fellow blogger Katy of Modly Chic this week it's all about privacy.

1. Do you think privacy is something we should worry about as bloggers?

No, not really because it’s up to you to decide how much you want to release to your audience therefore I feel you can control how much or how little you reveal about yourself.

2. Do you use your real name or a pen name? What was behind that decision?

I use my real name most of the time

3. How much personal information do you reveal about your life beyond the blog?

I pretty much keep it relative to my blog but this is not to say that if I felt lead to share something other than the norm I would not share something more, for me when I sit down to drop a post it depends on a few things and the way I’m feeling at the moment plays a big part in the tone of the post, so if I’m feeling a bit sentimental, excited or however I feel it would determine what and how I post.

4. What will you never reveal?

Believe it or not this is a hard question but the first thing that comes to mind is my kids, we have two daughters and I will never give up much information about them.

5. As bloggers, we have to an extent made ourselves 'public' figures. But still there are things that are intimate to each of us that does not need to be known by anyone that stumbles across our blog. How do you determine what is appropriate for public consumption and what is private to you?

Since I have yet to really post a lot of pics of myself in my blog (which I will be doing in the upcoming months) I really haven’t given this much thought, but as I stated earlier my children are really the only thing I will not give much detail on. I give great consideration before posting on my family as well, my husband is very supportive of my blog but I would be very cautious about posting content concerning my family.

If you would like to participate in Friend Friday head on over to Modly Chic for further details.

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails