Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Get Nailed

I have fallen in love again, but this time it's with a nail polish brand by the name of Essie. I have heard about them for some time now but never really took the time to check them out personally until recently and ladies, the colors and the polish quality is awesome and for $7-10 bucks not bad on the wallet either. I have this thing with my own nails and I like them short squared with rounded corners, which just happens to be the latest trend in nails right now. I know we all love having our mani-pedi's but sometimes with our busy schedules and other engagements it can be a task getting in for that nail appointment so to tide you over in between nail appointments here is a little inspiration for you to take care of those nails at home and save a little money in the process. ***Essie products can be found in various salons and shops also in select retailers such as Target, Ulta and I recently spotted in Wal-Mart, yes.....Wal-Mart. Pick yourself up a bottle today and let me know what you think.

Simple at home manicure:

1. Remove any old nail polish.

2. Shape the nail, using a file or emery board. File each nail tip from corner to center; do not file in a see-saw motion with the emery board because doing so can cause ridges in the nail and nail splitting. By filing nails to a point...this will make nails weak. A rounded or square form is the strongest.

3. Soak the hands in warm, soapy water for a few minutes to remove dirt. This will also soften cuticles and make it easier to push cuticles back. Clean under free edge of nail with orangewood stick.

4. The cuticle is the skin that grows from the finger onto the base of the nail (nail root). Push the cuticle gently back. Leaving the cuticle intact helps to prevent infection of the nail growing tissue. NEVER cut cuticles! This can cause the nail to die if done improperly

5. Apply a base coat. Allow to dry for a minute or two. Next apply 2 coats of favorite polish. Then finish with a shine sealer. Allow nails to fully dry for at least an hour.

6. Finally, apply a moisturizing cream or lotion to the hands and cuticles.

 

   Take a look and get inspired from some of these great Essie looks.

                                                     

What's your favorite nail product or brand? leave me a comment I'd love to know.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I love Essie nail polish! It's my latest obsession.. and now that they sell it at walmart it's going to be dangerous when I'm grocery shopping! haha

Nothingordinarystyle said...

Exactly Leslie, Eggs and Essie all in one place to much! lol

Channing said...

I love Essie too, and OPI, I am obsessed with Black Shatter right now

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails